Tuesday, January 3, 2012

refilming W. video

I will be redoing my video with W. soon because I've decided to give him a different voice that I think works better with the character. I usually decide what voice to use by looking at the picture of the character on ebay while I'm ordering them. The voice I choose isn't always what it will be in the end. The voice I use for Edgar was originally going to be Sam's voice before I decided my horrible impression of Strong Bad from homestarrunner.com was a better voice for the character. For some reason after I got the George Bush puppet and I started practicing with it, it just didn't look right with that voice coming out of it. I kind of tried to do a texan accent. I've been rewatching Lost lately and I thought Tom's voice ( guy with fake beard in Seasons 1 and 2) sounded good. I started practicing with that voice instead and I think it just sounds better. In some ventriloquism books it says to go with the easiest voice you can do which I disagree with because than you get a whole bunch of characters that sound pretty much the same and nobody can tell the difference between any of them. Listen to the puppet commentary on the Terry Fator dvd and you'll see what I'm talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment